We are under orders to stay at home, shelter in place or avoid non-essential activities, due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the number of reported cases across the nation continues to rise sharply on a daily basis.
Accordingly, USA Fencing Member and Affiliate Club activities will remain unsanctioned. Unsanctioned activities will not be covered by USA Fencing’s insurance.
USA Fencing will not be sanctioning any competitions it is safe to do so. We also have to follow the guidelines from local and state officials. The National Office is working with organizers to reschedule regional and national events. Information is available at www.usafencing.org/coronavirus.
As of this date, the USA Fencing National Championships and July Challenge are cancelled. Due to the schedule changes for regional and national events this spring, the National Events staff and Tournament Committee are examining any potential changes to qualifying paths.
The annual meeting of the membership of Capitol Division will be held, via Google Meeting online conference, on Sunday, July 26, 1:00pm. The primary item on the agenda is the election of officers. The Nominating Committee has submitted the slate shown below:
A meeting of the Executive Committee will immediately follow the Annual Meeting of the Membership.
TO RECEIVE THE LINK TO JOIN THIS ONLINE MEETING, PLEASE PREREGISTER ON ASKFRED! Capitol Divison members of US Fencing ONLY.
The Capitol Division Executive Committee is committed to increasing the number of rated referees within the division.
To support this goal, the Committee has voted to reimburse any Capitol Division member's referee clinic fees and testing fees if they pass the written test and practical exam and successfully earn a referee rating. Travel and hotel expenses are not reimbursable, only the fees for the clinic and test. Verification of the rating earned and documentation of the testing fees should be sent to the Division Treasurer.
In addition, the Capitol Division will reimburse the $35.00 membership upgrade fee for new referees (and those who have just turned age 18).
For the 2019-2020 season, the Capitol Division is pleased to make international competition travel grants of $400.00 available to individual fencers who are members of the Division. These grants are being made to fulfill our mission, as outlined in our bylaws, to assist Divisional fencers to reach their full potential in fencing. These grants are available to reimburse expenses related to competing in cadet, junior, and senior US Fencing designated international competitions and at Veteran World Championships and to attending those same competitions as a member of the official US Fencing delegation.
Fencers are eligible for one grant per season. Grants are available for expenses not fully reimbursed from other sources.
In order to receive these grants, eligible fencers should submit the Capitol Division International Competition Grant Application to the Capitol Division's Developmental Committee with copies of all the relevant receipts. Reimbursements for expenses will be disbursed by the Treasurer of the Capitol Division.
Deadlines for filing applications for the 2019-2020 season:
Application and receipts should be e-mailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
For the 2019-20 season, the Capitol Division is pleased to make developmental grants of $300.00 available to the member clubs. Member clubs are eligible for developmental grants every other season. These grants are being made to fulfill our purposes and objectives as outlined in our bylaws, in particular our missions to support, enhance and develop the sport of fencing and to assist Divisional fencers to reach their full potential in fencing. These grants should not be used for ordinary club expenses such as rent or US Fencing membership; rather the clubs should use these funds to enhance the experience of Divisional fencers in the spirit of our bylaws. One grant will be available to each club.
The list below gives a few examples of ways that these funds could be used. This list includes suggestions, but the committee is open to other uses:
In order to receive these grants, the club representative should submit a proposal on the Capitol Division Developmental Grant Application to the Capitol Division's Developmental Committee. The proposal will be submitted to the rest of the Executive Committee. If the proposal is approved, the club representative should submit receipts for the expenses covered by the grant and a check will be sent to the member club.
The grant application form and receipts should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
The deadline for grant application is June 15, 2020.
Below is a list of the rated referees (from the US Fencing Referee Database) who are members of Capitol Division (2019-11-05). Referees are tested and certified at levels 1 through 10, 1 is the highest level.
|First Name||Last Name||Foil||Epee||Sabre|
Junior Men's Epee (A4 Event, 394 Competitors)
18. Haddad, Justin R. 65T. Hilbert, Xavier 112. Sitbon-Taylor, Noe B. 273T. Hensal, Nicolas A. 338. Wu, Byron
Cadet Men's Epee (A4 Event, 333 Competitors)
57. Wozniak, Ignacy 90T. Kim, Edward J. 195. Hensal, Nicolas A. 208. Salisbury, Cary 277T. Bannen, Nicholas 288T. Chambliss, Logan C.
Junior Men's Sabre (A4 Event, 293 Competitors)
30. Chambers, Amir E. 76. Bukowski, Bronson 89T. Benavram, Lev C. 117T. Lee, Kyle 122. Chang, Eliot A. 154. Simak, Joseph P. 163. Leonard, Cole 166T. Johnson, Langston C. 180. Hargenrader, Kailen A. 210T. Chin, Matthew W. 231. Pan, Andrew W.
Cadet Men's Sabre (A3 Event, 255 Competitors)
17. Benavram, Lev C. 25. Hargenrader, Kailen A. 59. Lee, Justin 61. Lee, Aydan J. 77. Lee, Kyle 102. Johnson, Langston C. 107. Pan, Andrew W. 113. Simak, Joseph P. 133. Chin, Matthew W. 138. Leonard, Cole 161. Sherwood, Hayden F. 169. Kennedy, Liam A. 238T. Bukowski, Broghan J. 138T. Yee, Evan J.
Junior Men's Foil (A4 Event, 346 Competitors)
13. Ndiaye, Edriss G. 86T. Paulson, Connor M. 234. Tian, Aaron C.
Cadet Men's Foil (A4 Event, 320 Competitors)
108. Tian, Aaron C. 161T. Paulson, Connor M. 210T. Szego, Bence P. 241T. Gisler, Benjamin B. 269T. Schreiber, Samuel S.
Junior Women's Epee (A4 Event, 264 Competitors)
27. Pyo, Yunice 32. Henry, Asha S. 78. Igoe, Nirali B. 99. Tong, Sarah Shen 175. Min, Magnolia 195. Tejada, Mikaela Aprille S. 205T. Reitinger, Emilie B.
Cadet Women's Epee (A4 Event, 240 Competitors)
19. Henry, Asha S. 55. Tong, Sara Shen 85T. Jakel, Sophia N. 120. Tejada, Mikaela Aprille S. 121. Min, Magnolia 172T. Reitinger, Emilie B. 236T. Friedman, zoe 240. Drefke, Sigrid
Junior Women's Sabre (A4 Event, 227 Competitors)
43. Nazlymov, Tatiana F. 51. Tang, Annie L. 57. Bhattacharjee, Rhea 60. Johnson, Lauren 68. Hanadari-Levy, Amit 108. Olsen, Natalie J. 129. Lu, Amy 138. Dhar, Aamina 168. Shi, Cathleen
Cadet Women's Sabre (A4 Event, 206 Competitors)
38. Nazlymov, Tatiana F. 55. Wei, Vivian W. 83. Johnson, Lauren 94. Shi, Cathleen 95. Olsen, Natalie J. 96. Tang, Annie L. 98. Bhattacharjee, Rhea 107. Lu, Amy 148. Dhar, Aamina 166. Meytin, Sophia E.
Junior Women's Foil (A4 Event, 228 Competitors)
73. Renton, Samantha 208T. Korotcova, Anastasia 208T. Zare, Yasmin
Cadet Women's Foil (A4 Event, 247 Competitors)
220T. Zare, Yasmin 226T. Korotcova, Anastasia